Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Change Circle of Friends!

Dear Anonymous,
Circle of Friends is a club with a great concept, and a club that I would like to change instead of just being a part, sitting on the side lines.  "Inclusion" is a great idea if people would carry out what the word means.  We don't call it "inclusion" when African Americans attend our schools, or students who are in the LGBT community, or students with blonde hair and blue eyes; it is only called inclusion when students with disabilities attend schools.  Inclusion should be a historical word, just like segregation.
Circle of Friends is a club to "include", but it has created a feeling of "us" and "them".  it should be for all!  Where do my friends eat on the days when there is no CoF?  Are they kept in their classroom?  My friends should be with their friends, their peers.
A club entitled Circle of Friends should be about socializing and interacting, building new bonds that you can be with other times of the week and even life.  It should be about learning that everyone has differences and commonalities, and looking past that.  It should not be dead-set on commitment because once a true bond is made you will want to keep that knot tied.  
          Beautiful skills and friendships will be made if this is how you make your club.  As for now, I do not agree with the way things are being done.  So, I must resign from membership.

With thought,
Valerie   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts, ideas, and feelings on how to make my writing better or about my topic.