Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Bending Rules

I hate being rude, or mean, or inconveniencing someone; that is not me.  I hate breaking rules.  I like to be a rule follower.  Sometimes rules can and should be bent, though. 
       Rules are like guidelines to stay inside of, which we have to be confined to in order to keep our jobs and be a well abiding citizen.  I admire that and for the most part we must "color inside the lines" to become successful and earn a living.  We must follow the law, but when you work for someone rules should be bent if necessary.  
        For instance, if the client is in distress and tells you what needs to be done, than I think you must do what needs to be done instead of coloring inside of the line.  It doesn't matter wethe the picture is neat, only that it is pretty.  Know when it is okay to bend the rules, otherwise follow them.  And always follow the rules of God!

Colossians 2:8New Living Translation (NLT)

Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers[a] of this world, rather than from Christ.

John 8:31-32English Standard Version (ESV)

The Truth Will Set You Free

31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts, ideas, and feelings on how to make my writing better or about my topic.