Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Jesus Wept

I had a school aide when I was in elementary school, and each time I would cry she would say, "Tears are just a shower for your heart, cleaning your soul."  Back then, "showering your heart" in front of people was somewhat acceptable because I was young and "helpless"- because children c ry because they are supposedly helpless.  Now, when I cry my school aide says I need anti-anxiety meds.  Now I am not allowed to cry because I'm "too old".  And when I do, I am weak.
       I am not weak for crying.  Letting my emotions out is a healthy thing.  I am strong for being vulnerable and if my vulnerability intimidates you, then… I'm sorry.  My heart will always need a shower to keep my soul healthy and clean so that I can stay strong.
 
And do not presume I need meds when you don't know my story…

2 Peter 3:9New Living Translation (NLT)

The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.

John 11:35 ESV

Jesus wept.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts, ideas, and feelings on how to make my writing better or about my topic.