This blog is to remind society that disabled people are human beings who have the rights to respect, dignity, and to live full and productive lives!
Friday, April 4, 2014
Break the Box
I am legally blind, but I do not fit in with the blind community. I am physically disabled, but I do not totally fit in with everyone who is physically disabled. I do not have a diagnosis, so I can not be put into a medical category either. I can not be boxed, I can not be categorized but none of us should be in a box. We are not storage; we are people. But if this is so, why does it scare us so much when we find someone who can't be categorized? The fact of the matter is I do not know this answer, but what I do know is that it shouldn't scare us because like I always say; we are all people, unboxable people. I wish we could all start thinking outside the box because the box is really starting to get in my way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to let me know your thoughts, ideas, and feelings on how to make my writing better or about my topic.