Thursday, June 16, 2016

Armed and Ready to Help

I am in awe of this organization everyday!  I thank God that I fell upon them within my search for an organization that would be willing to help.  They find the best way that they can help, and in return I abide by their terms to take care of their pup.  Cleo will always remember them, I am sure, but they are sure worth remembering.
       On the second day of class I had received all of Cleo's clothing.  Upon putting the vest on I learned that getting Cleo dressed would not be a task that I would be performing on my own.  The clip was just to hard of a pinch for my hands to manipulate, so I was asked, "How could we make this work for you?" I said "What about a seatbelt buckle."   A week and a half later Cleo has a seatbelt buckle on her vest and I got her undressed all on my own.  Thank you CPL for helping to make everything work out!  It is greatly appreciated. 
       Today we learned about the Assistant Dogs International (ADI) certification test.  CPL adds their own perrameters to the test.  The test is a simple trip to Walmart.  They watch how you and your partner work and what service skills your partner performs. 
       CPL also has a rigorous follow up program.  They truly care about you and your pup!  They want to make sure you guys are taking care of each other and go far.  Honestly, the six month report isn't that rigorous; it takes ten minutes.  Your first six months is filled with regular calls.  CPL is armed and ready to help!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts, ideas, and feelings on how to make my writing better or about my topic.