Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Live in the Moment

The Bible says to take one day at a time, but as human beings we often worry about the future.  Worrying about the future holds you back from living in the moment, because the future is a vast sea of daunting unknowns.  Sometimes there are choices that need to be decided on for your future; pray to God that He wil show you which way to turn, take inventory of why each choice would be beneficial to you, and the answer will be clear.  
       Today was my first day back at school since the discovery of Larry the lesion; it's been about two months.  My worry, though, started weeks ago about the decisions having to be made, about what I've missed, about the questions my peers might have, about Larry gettin in the way, etc, etc.  
        Prayer helped the desicion making process, my friends and peers greeted me with helping hands and open arms, Larry didn't bug me too much, and everything worked itself out.  So, I wasted some time worrying about the vast sea of daunting unknowns only for it to be okay.  Live in the moment, trust God to take care of you and help you through every battle for He gave the ultiment gift of His Son, and it will be okay!

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:34 NIV

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus
Philippians 4:6-7




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts, ideas, and feelings on how to make my writing better or about my topic.