Monday, June 27, 2016

First Day

I am back at 40,000 feet in the air, but this time with Cleo by my side.
     Today started last night when my Aunt drove us to the airport at seven o'clock in the evening to ensure our timely arrival.  We ended up going straight to the hotel after graduation to pack up and leave.  Cleo did not know what the heck was going on, but with her mom by her side she went along for the ride.  It ended up working out quite well.  Everything went as planned… except for the car camping.
       Waking up at five in the morning hit me hard as I still need to catch up on a months worth of sleep.  As we were walking into the airport there was a man sleeping on a bench with a white blanket.  For some reason Cleo decided to bark at that person.  I love that she wants to protect mommy but let's keep it less vocal.  I corrected her with a "knock it off" and then rewarded quiet behavior.  The rest of the airport seemed to be a quiet one.
       When we passed through TSA there was a little argument about sending Cleo through the scanner.  I am not at the point of feeling comfortable enough to lett her prance around the airport naked.  I held my ground and we both got a pat down.
       Hopefully Cleo likes her new home and feline brother.  I hope she's not too mad at me about no breakfast, either.  No one wants any accidents!

1 comment:

  1. This brought tears of joy to my eyes. I am excited to hear about you and Cleo's adventures now that you are home.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts, ideas, and feelings on how to make my writing better or about my topic.