Monday, January 16, 2017

Find Your Inner Strength!

A week or so ago I sent my friend a picture of neurons on my nails.  This friend of mine, one of my best friends has epilepsy.  Her seizures are not well controlled and, at this time, she is helping me go through seizures of my own.  I put brain neurons on my fingernails to help me deal with anxiously awaiting the results of an ambulatory EEG.  Every symptom I am having, though, points to seizures.  My best friend's symptoms and mine match perfectly; we understand each other in an amazing way.
       After complementing me on my nails, she told me that my nails are an excellent example of why people call me strong.  She said, "Instead of always thinking of how seizures stop you from doing everything you want to do (not that it should)- you celebrate who you are, physical querks and all."  Saying that not everyone has that kind of inner strength and by having neurons painted on my nails, I am embracing who I am.  It seemed so trivial to me.  I mean, it's only nail art, right?  Wrong!
       I am exhausted, and scared, but apparently I do well at not showIng it.  I am told I live with a reason to smile, and I'm glad because I try my very best to do just that!  Everyday my service dog, Cleo, makes me smile, my cat showing his little attitude off makes me smile, my nail art makes me smile, and my best friend, Nicole, makes me smile!  Nicole said, "You still live with purpose. And that shows AMAZING inner strength.  You have drive to be a part of society.
There's a difference between acting on our fears and exhaustion.  Though you feel those things, you get out of bed and face the day."
       The lesson here is... figure out how to deal with the toughest of things.  Find something to smile about each day.  Something as simple as your animals or as big as achieving the greatest goal.  It is okay to not feel good, it is okay to be dained of energy, it is okay to be having a hard time, just try... and smile!  Find your inner strength!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts, ideas, and feelings on how to make my writing better or about my topic.